- LOCKABLE DOOR - The Socket Shield safe slide door slides open/closed to unlock/lock away outlets at any time. A standard 2 or 3-prong cord can unlock the Socket Shield safe slide door. Watch it in use >
- CHILD RESISTANT - Socket Shield Safe Slide outlet covers are secure and child-resistant, yet easy to use on a daily basis. The patented design for its safe slide door fully covers outlets when not in use, keeping little fingers and objects out of harm’s reach.
- SLEEK DESIGN - Designed to enhance your home’s décor, Socket Shield outlet covers are noticeable when you need them and disguised when you don’t. Their sleek appearance hides ugly outlets without additional visual distraction.
- NO HASSLE - No more struggling to remove child safety caps, remembering to replace them or worrying about potential choking hazards. Socket Shield outlet covers provide protection through one intact unit.
- 1 TOOL, 1 MINUTE - Easy installation allows homeowners to quickly remove existing wall plates and replace with Socket Shield in under 1 minute. All you need is a flat head screwdriver! No mechanical skills required. See how easy it is >
- For use with single-screw, standard style electrical outlets (single gang). Screw is included. Each cover measures 3 3/8 inches wide X 5 3/4 inches high.
- Socket Shield is a device designed to be an aesthetically pleasing alternative to the modern outlet cover. The device will not prevent electrocution and is not held out to do so. The device is designed only to impede access to electrical components that may cause electrocution.The product is advertised as child resistant when utilized only in the proper manner. Like any other child-safety product, Socket Shield is not a substitute for adult supervision.
- Please follow instructions to ensure proper installation of all locking mechanisms. Socket Shield and its agents do not hold out the product to be child proof or shock proof. Rather, the device with proper installation is engineered to make access to an electrical outlet more difficult for children. Socket Shield should always be placed in the “closed and locked” position except when in use. Electricity and electrical outlets pose a risk of electrocution.